For 30 years, the Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County has been at the forefront of youth development, working with young people from disadvantaged economic, social, and family circumstances. With 25 locations throughout the county, we are able to serve more than 16,000 youth annually with our afterschool, summer, and outreach programming such as truancy.
The Clubs offer daily access to a broad range of programs that promote health, social, educational, vocational, character, and leadership development. Club programs foster a sense of belonging, competence, usefulness, and influence that builds self-confidence and self-esteem. The scope and depth of our programming addresses the community’s need for positive programs for these at-risk youth. For example, our SMART Moves program teaches resistance skills when dealing with substance abuse, HIV/Aids, smoking, and premature sexual activity.
The Boys & Girls Club of St. Lucie County is part of Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA), a national organization. BGCA provides assistance to local Clubs via program creation, staff and resource development, organizational planning, and administration.
- Formula for Impact – Our Community. Our Family. Our Kids. + World-Class Clubs. Life-Enriching Programs. Workforce Readiness. = Academic Success. Healthy Lifestyles. Good Character & Citizenship
- 25 Clubs
- Mobile Club serving local Port St. Lucie neighborhoods
- 16,000 youth served annually
- 275,000+ meals served annually
- 25,000+ community service hours in 2022
- 82% of middle and high school Club members have maintained or increased their GPA
- 89% of Club members improved judgement, decision-making and social skills
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Our vision is to provide a world-class Club experience, assuring that success is within reach for every young person who walks through our doors, with Club members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship and living healthy lifestyles.
Boys & Girls Clubs provide:
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character developing experiences
- Hope and opportunity
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY
Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of boys and girls by instilling:
- A sense of competence
- The feeling there is something boys and girls can do and do well
- A sense of usefulness
- The opportunity to do something of value for other people
- A sense of belonging
- A setting where young people know they “fit” and are accepted
- A sense of power or influence
- A chance to be heard and to influence decisions
When this strategy is fully implemented, self-esteem is enhanced, and an environment is created which helps girls and boys achieve their full potential.
Our Commitment to Inclusion
We believe every kid has what it takes. The mission and core beliefs of Boys & Girls Clubs fuel our commitment to promoting safe, positive and inclusive environments for all. Boys & Girls Clubs of America supports all youth and teens – of every race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, ability, socio-economic status, and religion – in reaching their full potential.