This past year we served 6,000 Club members at our 19 locations.
- 74% of teen members plan to attend a four year college or better.
- 92% of Club members received positive behavior marks in school.
- 100% of clubhouses went on a college tour.
- 600 members participated in Summer Brain Gain, which reduces the summer slide.
89% of Club members who participated in SMART Moves programs maintained or increased their knowledge and resistance skills regarding substance abuse, HIV/Aids, smoking and premature sexual activity.
Club members completed 15,400 volunteer hours during 2017, which equates to approximately an economic value of $349,580.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County’s mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. With over 6,000 youth served through after-school and specialty outreach initiatives, the Clubs provide a safe place for kids to have fun and to learn and grow under the guidance of a well trained professional staff.
Daily 1,400 kids walk through our doors and receive a world-class Club experience that assures success is within their reach, with Club members on track to graduate high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship and living healthy lifestyles.
- 97% of members abstained from smoking
- 94% of teens reported abstention from alcohol within 30 days of the survey.
- 89% of youth maintained or improved their knowledge of how to avoid negative behaviors
- 800 members participated in an organization-wide field day.
About the Youth We Serve
- 56% 5-9 years-old
- 29% 10- 12 years-old
- 15% 13- 15 years old
Ethnicity of Youth we serve
- Black or African American 35%
- Hispanic or Latino 15%
- White 31%
- Mixed 12%
- Other 6%