This year Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County
served 16,000 youth, K-12th grade,
at our 25 locations and our Mobile Club.
We serve 500,000 meals annually.
CHARACTER & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Club members participated in Summer Brain Gain, which reduces the summer slide.
SMART Moves programs maintained or increased their knowledge and resistance skills regarding substance abuse, HIV/Aids, smoking and premature sexual activity.
Club members participated in an organization-wide field day
COMMUNITY & ECONOMIC IMPACT
- 90% of teens completed community service hours
- Lower Grade Retention and Higher Grade Promotion – roughly $782,775 avoided annually in public sector costs
- Reduced Juvenile Justice Referrals/Intakes – roughly $244,145 avoided annually in public sector costs
- Higher Annual Income – roughly $661,200 more annual income per 5,000 Club members
ABOUT THE YOUTH WE SERVE
- 52% 5-9 years-old
- 30% 10- 12 years-old
- 18% 13- 15 years old
ETHNICITY OF THE YOUTH WE SERVE
- Black or African American 37%
- White 30%
- Hispanic or Latino 18%
- Mixed 14%
- Other 1%
Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County 2020 Annual Report
Read It, Share it!
Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) is committed to measuring how much our young people are achieving and how effectively our Club Experience is implemented. We are proud to present this report summarizing our 2022 national youth outcomes findings.