Marissa Kappus, Public Relations Coordinator
PORT ST. LUCIE, FL: Every year, nearly four million young people are served by Boys & Girls Clubs. To show their continued support in preparing today’s youth for a brighter tomorrow, Ross Stores, Inc. is partnering with Boys & Girls Clubs of America with a three-week program called, “Help Local Kids Learn.” Beginning July 30, customers in Port St. Lucie can make a monetary contribution at their local Ross Dress for Less (“Ross”) location during checkout to be donated to Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County through August 21.
“For the eighth year in a row, Ross Stores is very excited about the annual Help Local Kids Learn in-store campaign for the Boys & Girls Clubs. This back-to-school campaign will directly help kids at local Clubs across the country. BGCA and Ross’ strong partnership of many years is rooted in our shared commitment to help young people reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens,” said Fred Shuey, Senior Vice President of Ross Stores.
- This back-to-school season, Ross Stores is inviting customers to give at the register to benefit Boys & Girls Clubs of America from July 30th – August 21st. Ross will match the first $400,000 raised!
- 100% of the funds raised at each store will benefit Boys & Girls Clubs, with 80% being directed to a Club in the community.
- Ross is the national sponsor of BGCA’s Power Hour, a program that provides kids and teens the opportunity to do their homework in a safe place, in-person or virtually, with support from Boys & Girls Club staff.
- Every $5 donation helps provide one half hour of homework help for a Club youth.
- $15 helps keep a kid safe after school.