Register today for Before & Aftercare programs When school's out, clubs are in. Call (772)409-4491 to register your kids for the fall before & aftercare school programs. Programs include homework…
The Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County not only provides youth with a safe, educational, and fun environment at our four Clubhouses and 16 School Based Clubs, we also provide programs such as, the Truancy Project, which promotes regular school attendance. The Boys & Girls Clubs of SLC, Truancy Project has been funded through Children’s Services Council and in partnership with the St. Lucie Public Schools since 2006 delivering services to eight local elementary schools. Our goal is to reduce the rate of absenteeism within the schools we serve, educate families on the importance of regular school attendance, and provide them with a better understanding of the State Law and school’s policy regarding attendance.
September has been recognized nationally as Attendance Awareness Month. Regular school attendance is essential to school success and develops a strong foundation toward future success. Join us in celebrating Attendance Awareness Month this September! Everyone has a role to play, so let’s work together to support our children’s future.
Here are ways you can show your support
- Establish basic routines as consistency is key.
- Promote the importance of school by sending your child regularly and on time.
- Spend quality time with your child keeping the lines of communication open.
- Develop a backup plan for getting your child to school.
- Reach out for help, as needed. If you don’t ask, you won’t receive.
- Convey the importance of attendance from Day One with both parents and child.
- Celebrate Attendance Awareness Month each year.
- Establish a warm and welcoming environment that relays the message to the students that they are important.
- Display posters, create incentives.
- PTA’s can organize develop a car-pool list.
- Build the mindset that we are supportive of school personnel and all their efforts.
- Extra-curricular activities to promote regular school attendance, good grades, and positive behavior.
- Local businesses can offer coupons to be distributed as incentives.
- Community leaders provide a letter of acknowledge to the students who have accomplished perfect attendance.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing youth with a world class Boys & Girls Club experience, assuring that success is within reach for every young person who walks through our doors, and that every Club member graduates high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship and living healthy lifestyles. The Club enables all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
With sixteen locations throughout the county, the Boys & Girls Clubs programs serve a diverse group of kids age 5-18. The 3,000 members come from a variety of backgrounds. Contact the Club by calling (772) 460-9918, visiting www.bgcofslc.org or by liking us at www.facebook.com/bgcofslc